Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fried Ice cream! My favorite!


This recipe was found by my sister Britney. My family are big connoisseurs of fried ice cream. We tried it a few months ago and loved it. I made it when we first moved to California again and wanted to share it with you.


Fried Ice Cream

6 flour tortillas
vanilla ice cream (blue bell is best)
Fry tortillas in vegetable oil until browned.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and
sugar mixture (1/2 tbs. cinnnamon/1/4 cup sugar)

Crushed up cinnamon toast crunch cereal

Honey butter

1 cup honey
1 cup butter softened
5 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
Warm honey in microwave (30sec-1min)
With mixer add softened butter until blended well.
Add remaining ingredients.

To assemble. Put tortilla in bowl to form shape.
put scoops of ice cream into tortilla.
Drizzle with honey butter.
Put crused up cereal on top.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

kylee said...

yum! We might have to try this one. It looks like you guys are enjoying California! Your kids are so cute! I love the picture of Preston relaxing. So funny! I think that's so fun that you put Callie in a dance class. After we move that is one of the first things I want to do is get Brynlee in a dance or gymnastic class. And I love the picture of all you guys on your header! Super cute!

Leticia said...

Ashley,
This Looks so Yummy..!!! I must say that I have not tried this yet! It looks like I might make this! Thanks for insipiring me to make a yummy treat!!!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Mmmmm, this looks pretty tasty. I might attempt to make it! Cute pumpkins too!