These two recipes are from both my sisters. The tortilla soup is from my sister Heather and the pasta is from my sister Britney. These are really good. I hope you like them as much as we did. I only have a picture of the pasta, sorry.
Tortilla Soup
makes about 4-5 servings
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
1 can chicken broth
1 cup salsa
1 teaspoon taco seasoning(or to your taste)
1 tbs. cilantro
1/2-3/4 cup corn (can use frozen or canned(drained))
Boil chicken until tests done. Can use chicken broth from chicken or a can. Shredd chicken. Combine all ingredients together and stir. Heat through. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream. It is so good.
Sun-Dried Tomato and chicken pasta
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes cut into pieces(dried or in oil) easy to find
1 cup chicken broth divided
1 cup cream
2 chicken breasts (shredded or chopped)
1 tablespoon exta virgin olive oil
4 leaves basil chopped(or dried to your liking)
1 1/2 cups bowtie or penne pasta
Cook pasta , drain and set aside. Meanwhile melt butter, add garlic, and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and boil. Reduce heat after boiling and simmer for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are tender. Add the cream and bring to a boil, stirring until thickens up. Season chicken with salt and pepper and warm the oil and saute the chicken until cooked and brown. Set chicken aside. In the same pan used for the chicken, bring the other 1/4 cup chicken broth to a boil and scrap the pan juices from chicken. Add this to the cream sauce and stir in the basil. Toss the pasta, sauce and chicken together. I added parmesan cheese because I had some shredded up in the fridge. It was delicious.

2 comments:
Yummy! I think I will try the pasta since I just went to the store and got sundried tomatoes for something else and now don't need them, anyway, thanks!
This sounds SO good! I am excited to try a new recipe.
Post a Comment