Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dinner Cruise






Saturday afternoon we went on a dinner cruise. When Taylor asked me if I wanted to go on a dinner cruise I had a big cruise ship in mind, white linen table cloths, waiters etc... The "dinner cruise" was more like deep sea fishing to me. The cruise was on a catamaran with about 25 people. Due to the "small boat" (smaller than the cruise liner I had in mind) I kind of felt sick on the way out. Anyhow- the purpose of the cruise was to see the Napali Coast. We viewed the coast on day 2 from the Waimea Canyon drive but wanted to see if up close from the water. The cruise was about 5 hours and the food was pretty good- salad, rice, chicken, pork, bread, and cookies. Remember the purpose of the cruise was to see the Napali Coast; however, on the return trip we were fortunate enough to see whales, dolphins, and sea turtles- all an unexpected treat. Just before we arrived back into shore we were able to watch the sun set which was beautiful. I have not watched many sunsets before. Just before the sun disappears the last color of light that you see is a green dot…pretty amazing.

No comments: