Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Broken Arm!



Preston, Callie and me were sick with the flu and so we stayed home from church on Sunday. While Taylor was at church I guess they started feeling better and decided to spin each other on our office chair. Preston decided to jump right when Callie spun the chair. He landed on arm. When I saw his face I could tell something wasn't quite right. I took him onto the couch and he screamed when I touched his arm. Taylor still hadn't gotten home from church and so I called a friend who lives close to the church. He found Taylor and he rushed home and took Preston to the Urgent Care. They took x-rays but said that it wasn't broken. Taylor went over to a Radiologist who is in our Ward and he said it was. The cast was put on Monday afternoon. It was an elbow fracture. Preston got to pick the color of his cast. I think he liked that. He was so brave when they put it on. He only has to have the cast on for 3 weeks. December 20th he will get it off. Which that is nice because we are flying on Christmas day.
At the Urgent Care they wrapped his arm and put it in a sling.
He was very quiet for the rest of the day. But he is now back to himself like nothing ever happened.

2 comments:

kylee said...

Poor little guy! I'm waiting for that day that I have to rush one of my kids to the hospital but I hope it NEVER comes!

Unknown said...

Poor guy! How scary for you too! I can't believe the first doctor said it wasn't broken?! Glad you got a second opinion.