Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chocolate Torte Cake

I found this cake on my friend Summer's blog.  I made it for the party at my in-laws.  It was a hit!
 Chocolate Torte Cake

1 devil's food cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg (3.5 oz) instant chocolate pudding
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/3 cups water

Combine cake ingredients and mix well.  Grease 2 (8 in) round cake pans.  Substitute cocoa for flour so you avoid white film on your cake.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes in pan then turn out on cooling rack.  Chill cakes before cutting and icing.  Cut each cake round in half horizontally with serrated knife, making 4 found pieces.  

Frosting
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

In your mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until very thick.  I a separate bowl, blend together cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.  Frost all four layers and keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.  

No comments: