Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Construction Birthday Cake

I made the cake from scratch friday night and then my friend came over on Saturday to help me put it all together.  It was very complicated.  My friend and roommate from college made this cake for her boy.   She found it on pinterest.  It turned out so cute.  Preston was dying to play with the dump truck.  

My favorite part of the cake was the inside! It looked like construction zones.  It was very difficult and took forever.  I had no idea it was going to take so long.  


3 comments:

Britney and Andy said...

Turned out really cute. Jenny's looked just like that. I like the inside too. You did a good job.

The Winkelman's said...

Wow, that is super awesome!! Way to go Mom!

Jenny said...

It turned out so cute!!! And the inside was awesome. I knew just by looking at the inside of it online that it was going to take forever to do that, so I just didn't do it. Plus Aaron just wanted chocolate cake and nothing else! But, way to go Ash! Awesome, awesome!!! And Happy Birthday Preston!