I took this dessert to a Relief Society activity called Tasters Table. The theme for Tasters Table was apples. This dessert is so easy.
Taffy Apple Pizza
1 package (18 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium Granny smith apples peeled, and sliced very thin
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Preheat oven to 350. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of large round stone or pizza pann; flatten lightly. Roll into a 14 inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 14-16 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and loosen cookie from stone using serrated bread knife. Cool completely.
Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla in bowl. mix well. Spread mixture onto cookie evenly. Arrange apples into a cute pattern. Microwave caramel ice cream topping for 30 seconds. Drizzle over apples. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over apples. Cut into wedges. So yummy!

3 comments:
This has always been a favorite recipe but my family turns their noses up at it so I can only make it for RS activities or it all goes to waste. :( One time I used too much cookie dough without thinking and it overflowed my baking stone and burned all over my oven...not fun!
Yum! This sounds SOO good! I'm definetly going to have to try it!
Post a Comment