Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Christmas Letter!

Dear Family and Friends,

At this Christmas season we extend our greetings to all our family and friends. How we love you and hope to hear from each of you soon.

Taylor is still working for BNSF railway. Earlier this year there were a couple of job opportunities outside of Texas; however, none of them felt right until we heard of a sales position in southern California. In August, we sold our house in Texas and moved to California. It was very sad to leave Texas with so many wonderful friends and family members. We live small town of 50,000 named, Yucaipa. We have felt very welcomed here from our neighbors and the members of our ward. Taylor is still traveling some but not near as much with his last position. He really likes his job here in California and the challenges it brings. Taylor is serving in our ward as the Varsity Scout Coach. He goes camping once a month and has activities every week. He is beginning to like it, I think- despite not being much of a camper.

Our children are growing up so fast. Callie is 3 ½ and has quite the personality. The day after we moved to California she said, “Mom, I am frustrated.” I said “why?” She replied “because I don’t have any friends here.” I thought it was pretty clever as she never ceases to amaze us with her off the cuff comments. Callie enjoys her weekly ballet class and socializing with her friends.

Preston is 18 months and can finally go into nursery…Hooray! He has started to say a few words, like uhoh, mom, and dad. Preston is such a sweet boy and loves his Daddy. He can’t wait for Taylor to come home from work. I am able to stay home with Callie and Preston and enjoy doing so.

I am serving on the Enrichment Board and look forward to the challenges of this new calling. In my spare time I enjoy scrap booking and blogging-(visit our blog at www.texasharrington.blogspot.com). My Grandpa Finn passed away in February and we made a trip back to Rigby, ID for his funeral and to spend time with family. Every member of my extended family was able to be there. It was great to talk about my grandpa’s life and what a great example he was to all of us. In July, we had a Hammer family reunion in Washington, D. C. It was wonderful all being together.

As we ponder these tumultuous and uncertain times we have found comfort in the Prince of Peace. May this Christmas season remind us that Prince, who stilled the tempest on the Sea of Galilee, has the power to calm the storms in our personal lives. May His peace fill our hearts and homes throughout the coming year as we strive to walk in His ways.

We are excited to see what this New Year in California will bring. All the best to you and your family this Christmas Season and in 2009.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Taylor, Ashley, Callie, and Preston Harrington

No comments: