
My brother-in-law, Chase, signed up for tickets to American Idol a year ago. They told him he had 4 tickets available for Tuesday, April 7th. He was going to be out of town so he gave them to me. Isn't he so nice! So yesterday we left Yucaipa at 10:30 a.m. with my friend Jenni, her daughter and her friends daughter. They are huge fans of the show. And of course, so am I. We drove down to Chase's work to pick up the tickets and got there about 11:30. He works in Orange. From there we proceeded to Hollywood. We had to be in line no later than 1:15 p.m. It took us 2 hours just to get to Hollywood which put us arriving at 1:45. We were so sure we wouldn't get in to see the show. We were so bumbed. We found some people waiting to see if there was anymore room in the audience. While in line I saw Derek Huff from Dancing with the Stars pulling into CBS televison city. So cool. He drives a black Audi. About 20 minutes later the producer came out and said come this way. I was like no way. We start to walk up the stairs into the American Idol theatre. The experience was so unreal. Surprisingly, it is very small. The cameras make it look so much bigger. We actaully went to the dress rehearsal part, not the live performance. But it was pretty much the same. All the idols came out and sang and even Ryan Seacrest was there. He was standing like 3 feet from us. It was so cool. All the idols sang so good, even though the judges didn't think so that night. They had pretend Judges filling in. The pretend Simon looked for real. They all immitated Simon, Paula, Cara, and Randy extremely well. My friends daughter and her friend got to be up in the maush pit. They touched Danny Gokey and Chris Allen. They were so excited. I thought Adam Lambert did so good and Matt Gurad too. Also Sinbad was sitting across the aisle too. It was really cool. We had such a great time too. I am sorry I don't have any pictures. They wouldn't allow cell phones or cameras. They wouldn't even let us take pictures outside of the building either. So Dumb! We did get some pics with a cell phone of my friends daughters, friend. I will hopefully get those soon. Thanks Chase for the tickets. It was a great day.

2 comments:
Soooo cool Ashley! I bet that was so fun! Another neat thing about living in Cali :)
How fun!!! And it was so interesting to hear about how they run it all...how strange that they even have pretend judges for the dress rehearsal :-)!
Post a Comment