Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 2 in Hawaii- Overlooking Waimea Canyon



1. Got up at 4:30 a.m. because we couldn't sleep. There is a 3 hour difference from California.
2. We left our hotel at 6:45 a.m.
3. Drove to Waimea canyon in our cute little convertible with the top down and the radio blarring. It was so much fun.
We drove up to Waimea canyon to overlook the Napoli Coast. This coast line can only be viewed from the canyon, boat or plane. It was breath taking.
4. We stopped at a local snow cone shack with macadamian nut ice cream in the bottom and snow cone on top. It was so good.
5. We went to Spouting horn. Where water shoots up through the coral reef.
6. Next we went to the beach for a couple of hours and saw a seal beached, digesting it's food. As soon the seal is beached someone ropes off the area to protect the seal. The water was a little chilly. Taylor did some snorkeling and really enjoyed it.
7. Then we drove to Kipu Falls. We hiked through a sugar cane field to get to the waterfall. It is a 25 foot jump from the top of the falls to the pool below. There was also a rope swing. I am usually adventerous but this made me a little nervous. Taylor said he would jump so I did too. When I jumped I leaned back and hit my legs and bum smack on the water. It hurt so bad. I have a major bruise and my leg and bruised my tale bone. It hurts so bad. Then we crossed over some slippery rocks and I slipped and cut up my legs. We still had fun.
8. Went and ate dinner and then picked up Taylor's parents and their friends Ken and Kami at the airport.
9. Crashed in bed because we got up so early. Slept really good.

I don't have all the pictures from this day so I will post some more later

No comments: