I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It is lemon chicken with lime cilantro rice. I got the chicken recipe from my friend Summer when we had a luncheon at her house. This chicken is Taylor's favorite. The rice is from Martha Stewart. I also made breadsticks last night and had some left over for dinner tonight. These are my favorite.
Lemon Chicken
4 chicken breasts 1 packet Italian dressing powder
Juice from 2 lemons 1 stick margarine, melted
Dip chicken in lemon juice. Put in glass baking pan. Sprinkle Italian dressing powder on top of the chicken, put lots on (you won’t use the whole packet). Pour margarine over chicken. Grate lemon peel on top of chicken. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until no longer pink. This goes great with Parmesan croissants.
Lime-Cilantro Rice
Serves 4
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon coarse salt(or regular)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup wild rice or white rice
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water, butter, salt, and cumin to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; add lime juice and cilantro. Fluff with a fork until combined. Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, don't add lime juice or cilantro until ready too.
Easy Breadsticks
1 1/2 cups warm water(not hot water, kills yeast.)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon instant yeast
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
In mixer add warm water. Then add yeast and mix with wire wisk. In seperate bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add to water mixture. Add oil. Knead with dough hook for a few minutes. Let rise for 30 minutes. Flour counter surface and roll out dough into rectangular shape. Cut in half length wise. Cut into strips up and down. Take 2 strips and twist. Brush with melted butter and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Let rise again. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

2 comments:
I love this recipe! We have this all the time in the summer. I love anything with cilantro in it. YUM!
Oh, I'm glad you posted this because I have been meaning to ask you for the recipe since we were there. Thanks!
Post a Comment