Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Powdered Sugar Dusted French Toast

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. I got it from Picky Palate blog. Taylor had scouts where they were having dinner without us. Sorry there isn't a picture, it was so good we ate it up before I had a chance. I also didn't do the peanut butter with the maple syrup. But my sister said she made it and it was good. You have got to try this recipe. I will never go back to regular french toast.

2 tbs. butter

1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbs. light brown sugar
6 slices Brioche bread ( I used french bread), cut into rounds with donut cutter if desired

powdered sugar

1/2 cup pure maple syrup(or normal pancake syrup)
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter

1. Place butter into a large skillet or griddle over medium heat to melt. Place cream, vanilla, eggs, and brown sugar into a mixing bowl. (I put a dash of cinnamon in with the mixture). Whisk until well combined. Dip bread rounds into egg mixture until both sides are well coated and place into hot skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to plate and put butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

2. Warm maple syrup in microwave until warmed, about 30 seconds then stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour over french toast.

1 comment:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

That is so funny! I was making a store list for today and came accross that recipe and wanted to make it for a breakfast! It does look good. I will have to try it now!